Coordinates and directs the activities of craft personnel to complete construction and maintenance tasks in a timely, safe, and cost efficient manner. Works under the direction of the General Foreman and/or Superintendent, supervising and directing the work of a group of craft or trade engaged in various tasks; does other related duties as required.
NOTE: The examples of work for this position are for illustrative purposes only. A person in this position may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
• Four (4) years of experience in work involving a variety of layout, installation, and construction and maintenance tasks
• Possess valid drivers’ license with a good driving record
Saulsbury Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
• Must have a broad working knowledge of their assigned craft (carpentry, pipefitting, equipment operation/rigging, instrument/electrical, welding) and have the same basic aptitude and interests as those working in the craft being supervised.
• Must demonstrate an above average knowledge of all facets of their trade and have extensive personal experience performing in the trade.
• Must possess knowledge of safety procedures and have good interpersonal and communication skills. Responsible for promoting safety awareness and for enforcing safety policies.
• Develops effective work plans, giving assignments/instructions to work crews and supervises their work activity.
• Must possess ability to motivate members of work crew and ensure that the crew under their supervision completes their assigned tasks safely, skillfully, and efficiently, and that assigned work progresses on schedule.
• Must be able to read and visualize objects from blueprints and have an eye for precise detail.
• Communicates with supervisor to keep them informed on progress of work assignments and/or any new problems.
• Estimates labor, materials, and equipment needed to complete work assignments.
• Inspects and tests or supervises inspection/testing of completed work assignments of crew, checking for compliance with project drawings, specifications, and quality control procedures.
• Prepares daily reports and maintains records and files. Maintains inventory of material associated with assigned work.
• Recommends promotion/demotion of subordinates and also identifies training needs.
• Requires working in operating facilities and observing and abiding by additional safety policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed