Under appropriate supervision and/or designated direction, the Carpenter performs semi-skilled carpentry work involved in construction, maintenance, and repair; performs related and other work as required to maintain facilities in a safe and efficient condition.
NOTE: The definition and examples of work for this position are for illustrative purposes only. A person in this position may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
• Four (4) years of experience in work involving a variety of layout, installation, and maintenance tasks
• Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Should possess a valid drivers’ license with a good driving record
Saulsbury Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
• Inspects work sites to take dimensions, layout work, and estimate materials required. Builds concrete forms and pours concrete.
• Uses a variety of carpenter hand, power, and shop tools and maintains them in proper operating condition.
• Works from sketches, blueprints, or pictures.
• Inspects, analyzes, and assists in the determination of the carpentry work to be done.
• Develops effective work plans, gives assignments and instructions to subordinates, (Craft Helpers) and supervises their work.
• Estimates amounts of materials and equipment needed for various types of carpentry construction and maintenance work and lays out the work.
• Determines methods and materials needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Performs lock-out and tag-out procedures to secure deactivate equipment, and checks local switch point to ensure proper lock-out procedures are used.
• Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
• Requires working in operating facilities and observing and abiding by additional safety policies and procedures.
• Gives suitable assignments to helpers.
• Other duties as assigned
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed