The Electrician installs, maintains, and repairs a variety of electrical equipment. The Electrician troubleshoots equipment in order to determine proper methods and materials necessary for maintenance and repair. They are responsible for knowing and following appropriate safety procedures in order to make safety checks and conduct safety meetings, and for coordinating with operation personnel regarding permits and clearances to initiate maintenance and repair activities.
Under general supervision, installs, services and maintains all types of electrical systems including power distribution substations, computer, coaxial communication circuits, fiber optics system, instrumentation systems, fire alarm circuits, lighting circuits. Provides basic instruction to supervised employees.
NOTE: The definition and examples of work for this position are for illustrative purposes only. A person in this position may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
• Four (4) years of experience in the heavy industrial industry
• High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
• Should possess a valid drivers’ license with a good driving record
Saulsbury Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
• Determines methods and materials needed to accomplish assigned maintenance, repair or construction.
• Eye-hand coordination.
• Performs lock-out and tag-out procedures to secure switch gear and deactivate equipment, and checks local switch point to ensure proper lock-out procedures are used.
• Dismantles equipment or devices to gain access to and remove defective parts or components.
• Troubleshoots, inspects, and maintains equipment.
• Uses various types of test equipment such as ammeters, voltmeters, and ohmmeters.
• Makes emergency electrical repairs, trouble shoots malfunctions and breakdowns; inspects work in progress and completed work for defects, fire hazards or other unsafe conditions.
• Familiar with the use of various types of conduits and fittings, cables, insulators, and other equipment.
• Works from electrical schematics, plans, and specifications in accordance with established procedures.
• Removes and replaces operating equipment.
• Performs miscellaneous tasks that require manually moving materials, tools, and equipment and using hand tools and power tools.
• Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
• Completes paperwork documenting repair and maintenance activities.
• Communicates with various personnel concerning initiation of maintenance.
• Required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or designated representative.
• Requires working in operating facilities and observing and abiding by additional safety policies and procedures.
• Gives suitable assignments to helpers
• Other duties as assigned
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed