Depending upon assigned area, the Equipment Operator under general supervision, operates one or more of the following types of equipment and other related equipment: bob-cat and front end loader, track hoes, mobile crane with hydraulic boom, fork lift truck, aerial lift, and water truck.
The type(s) of equipment operated varies according to assigned area. Incumbents may work independently or as a member of a work crew and receive direction from a supervisor or lead in their assigned area.
Under appropriate supervision and/or designated direction, the Equipment Operator performs skilled work involved in construction, maintenance, and repairs; performs related and other work as required to maintain facilities in a safe and efficient condition.
NOTE: The definition and examples of work for this position are for illustrative purposes only. A person in this position may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
• Five (5) years of experience in work involving a variety of layout, installation, and maintenance tasks
• Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Possess valid drivers’ license with a good driving record
Saulsbury Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
• Operates medium to large sized motorized equipment used in construction, repair and maintenance work.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required. Pick up spoils from job site excavations.
• Delivers to, and picks up various equipment and materials from job sites.
• Knowledge of safe working and operating practices including traffic control and job site protection.
• Inspects, analyzes, and assists in the determination of the work to be done.
• Develops effective work plans, gives assignments and instructions to subordinates, and supervises their work.
• Determines methods and materials needed to accomplish assigned maintenance, repair or construction.
• Performs lock-out and tag-out procedures to secure, deactivate equipment, and checks local switch point to ensure proper lock-out procedures are used.
• Ability to organize and carry out fairly complex work projects involving the use of mechanized equipment.
• Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
• Requires working in operating facilities and observing and abiding by additional safety policies and procedures.
• Gives suitable assignments to helpers.
• Other duties as assigned
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed